1-310-390-0131 - Outside U.S.
Keeping perspective remains a challenge, especially during stressful times.It’s easy to feel discouraged as we disappoint ourselves.
Yet sometimes we reap benefits from our prior work that can remind us of small successes. This week, a very awkard and difficult work week, could overwhelm. But an old project, Compelling Conversations – Vietnam: Speaking Exercises for Vietnamese Learners of Englishand Quotations on Timeless Topics, provided solace when I felt tired. Strangers and old friends, reached out to communicate with me and express gratitude to lift my spirit.
– An English teacher in Spain praising the book, and gently asking for a sequel geared toward teenagers.
– An English teacher in the United Arab Emirates sharing positive experiences in his classroom.
– Another Amazon reviewer praised Compelling Conversations, especially for tutors.
– An ESL administrator calling me in the morning to order a class set for an adult education center in Kentucky. America is changing so fast. In my youth, there were very few immigrants in Indiana – let alone Kentucky. It feels good to be on the right side of history.
– The L.A. CATESOL officials giving me convenient back-to-back presentations for this weekend. Collecting and sharing teaching tips often energizes me – especially when I’m running on empty.
These small, long distance exchanges with fellow English language professionals have provided smiles and solace during a hectic work week. In this case, I have “relied on the kindness of strangers” and friends. Compelling Conversations is a small drop in the huge ocean, but I’m that I added that drop too!